Notebooks 05.09.2008 Comments Off
We are all witness of rising popularity of 13 inch notebooks. So Toshiba’s step in that niche was expected. They had announced new 13.3 inch notebook in Toshiba’s Portege laptop series.
New Portege M800 is based on Intel T5750 Core 2 duo processor, who’s heart is ticking on 2GHz. Processor is combined with new Intel’s GM965 chip-set, with integrated X3100 graphics adapter.
Up till now you wouldn’t expect that 13 inch laptop can offer full set of features like some bigger models. But M800 is packed. It have a 250GB hard-drive, optical drive ( regular DL DVD writer – no blueray ). Fast enter-net card is a must, wireless also, bluetooth adapter is built in and for extensions there is an Express card slot.
An still, the overall dimensions of the device can be consider compact, 314 x 229 x 35 mm with 1.9 kg.
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 (2GHz, 2MB cache L2, 667MHz)
- Chip set: Intel Mobile 965GM Express
- Memory: 1024MB DDR2-667
- Screen: 13,3″ WXGA (1280×800)
- Graphics adapter: Intel GMA X3100,max 358MB
- Hard disk: 250GB SATA
- Optical drive: SuperMulti DVD
- Connectivity: 3 USB 2.0, 1 Firewire (IEEE 1394)
- Expansions: multiformat memory card reader, Expresscard slot
- Networking: WiFi 802.11agn, modem 56k, Ethernet LAN 10/100/1000, Bluetooth + EDR
- Dimensions: 314 x 229 x 35 mm, 1,97Kg
There are no information about the price of new Toshiba Portege M800, but it will hit the stores in third quarter of this year, so we will see.