The Photo Marketing Association International Convention and Trade Show is an annual imaging technology trade show conducted by PMA. The PMA International Convention and Trade Show frequently are the occasion for the public introductions of important imaging products. This years event is scheduled for March 8th and 11th 2007 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. We will try, on this page, to provide coverage off all hot products presented and announced at this years PMA.
Some of the manufactures that attends PMA already announced their what new they will bring in Las Vegas. But I want be surprised if some of these companies bring few new and hot products that are not on this list.
Canon already announced three cameras in their most popular compact A class.
Canon annouce new cameras as addition to the PMA lineup.
- Canon EOS-1D Mark III – ultimate photographic tool
- Canon A560
- Canon A570IS
- Canon IXUS 70
- Canon IXUS 75
- Canon TX-1
The Fuji company presents few camera in January on the CES show announces several new models.
- Finepix A800
- Finepix A610
- FinePix F40fd the ultimate high-tech style compact
- FinePix IS-1 Infrared sensitive digital camera
as new runners in the entry level A series.
Another Japan’s digital cameras manufacturer Olympus, announces no less then seven new digital cameras.
- Olympus SP-550 UZ – new ultra ultra 18x zoom camera
- Olympus Stylus 770 SW – new in the Oly’s range of all weather all terrain cameras
- Olympus Stylus 760 – optical stabilisation, slim weather proof metal body
- Olympus FE-250 – boosts ISO up to 10,000!?!
- Olympus FE-240
- Olympus FE-230
- Olympus FE-210
Panasonic is showing that they have serious pretensions to get much bigger digital cameras market share. They renew every class by presenting more then ten new cameras.
- Lumix DMC-FZ8 – ultrazoom camera with famous Leica optics with 12x zoom
- Lumix DMC-TZ2 & DMC-TZ3
- Lumix DMC-FX30 – world’s smallest digital camera with 28mm ultra wide lens
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX30
- Lumix DMC-LZ6 & DMC-LZ7
- Lumix DMC-LS75 & DMC-LS60
More then thirteen new cameras modes arriving from Samsung is showing that they also have big plans for next year.
- Samsung i70
- Samsung L700
- Samsung L73
- Samsung S1050
- Samsung S850
- Samsung S730
- Samsung S630
- Samsung i7
- Samsung NV11
- Samsung L74 Wide
- Samsung L77
- Samsung S1030
- Samsung S830
( 02.20.07 ) Today Nikon announced six new digital cameras for upcoming PMA show 07:
- Nikon Coolpix P5000 – 10mpix camera with stabilized 3.5x zoom 2.5” display all packed in compact black body
- Nikon Coolpix S200 – 7.1mpix camera
- Nikon Coolpix S50 and S50c – two ultra compact models
- Nikon Coolpix S500
- Nikon Coolpix L12
Stay tuned, we will use this page as index as we get new cameras for testing.