Today Nikon released new dslr body D40. There was lots of rumors and speculations, on the Internet about features and price of the new Nikon. Now it is all over we have infront of us official features of the new D40. Some advanced features from D50 are not present on new Nikon, but there are some features that comes directly from higher class D80/D200.
- Image sensor with 6 megapixel DX format CCD (seen on D50)
- Nikon Image processing engine (form D80 and D200)
- 3D Color Matrix Metering II, 420 pixel sensor (used on D80 and D50)
- New Multi-CAM530 three area AF sensor, autofocus in only 3 spots
- ISO sensitivity range 200 – 1600 and high ISO setting HI 1 3200ISO equiv
- 2.5 fps burst shooting (same as D50), unlimited when shooting in JPEG
- No status LCD
- Large 2.5" 230,000 pixel LCD monitor
- Viewfinder view with x0.8 magnification 95% coverage
- Short shutter lag and viewfinder blackout
- New EN-EL9 Lithium-Ion battery 1000 mAh
- New KIT lens Version II AF-S DX 18-55 mm
With expected price for KIT under $600, we can be looking at next bestseller. Visit us soon, for detailed test of new D40 kit. For now there is anofficial D40 promo in PDF ( about 800KB ).