Navigation systems can be very useful in big sites, to avoid traffics and find the shortest way. Navman presents his new series of GPS system. I will focus on iCN720 and iCN750.
They have 4″ LCD display with 480×272 pixels. Like other Navman models iCN720 and iCN750 have five buttons, and most controls are adjusted using icons on the screen. This devices using 2nd Generation SiRFStarIII chip sets. Software suffered lots of changes, and it is different from older models. The ‘List’ menu is replaced by button, to make a good hand of wide screen.
The difference between iCN720 and iCN750 is that lower version iCN720 has region maps only stored in 512MB CF card, whereas the iCN720 has maps with 18 countries stored on 4GB hard drive, so the difference is obviously. Both of them have SD/MMC slot if consumers need more storage space.
Navman iCN 720
NavMan iCN 750
You can get enhanced navigation instructions like in witch direction you should go or where to exit from highway, and all instructions are supported with motorway junctions and road numbers. This models count in miles and yards. They feature the latest GPS technology: the second generation SiRF Star III. The reception is improved in areas with high buildings or dense foliage, and new GPS technology also offers lower power consumption therefore providing longer battery life.
The iCN7xx series have optional RF remote control, witch you can attach to your steering wheel, and operate unit easily and safely. With RF remote control there is no more need to point the remote control directly at the iCN.
Intelligent safety camera data
The iCN7xx series offers up-to-date safety camera warnings through a database which users can download on Navman web site. When approaching a speed camera, you will get sound warning. This can be very useful if you are a fast driver.
Picture, Touch, Go
With this GPS system you also can take pictures. “Images are an obvious and unmistakable way to identify a destination, says Prash Vadgama, president of Navman s Consumer Navigation Group. If you want to go to see the Eiffel Tower, just click on the image of the Tower and GPS will guide you there. This technology is called NavPix™. You can take picture of your favorite restaurants, or some places you’ve stumbled upon by chance and want to return to.
- Featuring two dedicated hardware buttons with clear icons, the iCN720 and iCN750 are the only navigation systems that allow you to find nearby fuel stations and parking areas at the touch of a button.
- In the United Kingdom, the full postcode search lets you find your destination quickly and easily.
- An optional RF remote control can be attached to your steering wheel, enabling you to operate the unit easily and safely. With RF technology, the remote is easier to use as there is no need to point the remote control directly at the iCN.
- The iCN720 features maps of the UK and Ireland while the iCN750 has detailed maps of 17 Western European countries pre-installed on its built-in hard drive.
- New, easy release car suction mount makes it simple and easy to install and remove for secure and quick storage.
You can buy the iCN720 is for £399 and the iCN750 for £549 inc.
Link for buyers from Europe & Azia
Buy Navman iCN 720 at Amazon.co.uk
Links for buyers from America
Buy Navman iCN 750 at Amazon.com