This is brand new cool gadget from Apple. If you want to watch movies, TV shows, podcasts, movie trailers and photos from your computer on your TV this device from Apple is a nice solution for you.
How Apple TV works
Step one: Download TV shows, movies and more from iTunes.
Step two: Sync wirelessly from your Mac or PC.
Step three: Watch everything on your TV.
Here are some known specifications:
- CPU inside: ‘Intel processor’
- Disk storage: 40GB hard drive
- Storage specifications: Up to 50 hours of movies and TV shows/9,000 songs/25,000 pictures
- A/V Ports on device: HDMI (video and audio), Component video, Optical audio, Analog RCA stereo audio
- Data transfer: USB 2.0, 10/100BASE-T Ethernet, 802.11n WiFi, IR receiver for Apple remote
- Footprint on screen: 7.7 by 7.7 inches (197 by 197 mm)
- Height of device: 1.1 inches (28 mm)
- Weight of device: 2.4 pounds (1.09 kg)
- Audio formats that are supported: AAC, protected AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV
- Video formats that are supported: MPEG-4: 640 by 480 @ 30 fps, H.264, protected H.264: 640 by 480 @ 30 fps, 320 by 240 @ 30 fps, 1280 by 720 @ 24 fps
It looks good and it has the ability to stream video and music from another source within its built-in wireless range.
All this features come with an exciting new user interface and remote control. You can see that on picture below.
- It doesn’t have an input channel, so it cant record signal from your television reception.
- It can’t play standard DivX files.
Price of this gadget is $299. If you are Apple fan you are probably going to by this device no meter what i say, but if you are not earnestly there are better gadgets of this kind on the market for less money. Of course choice is yours.